T.E.N. and ISE® Talent work together to offer two undergraduate scholarships for the International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP). The Marci McCarthy Cybersecurity Certification Scholarship Program provides $5,000 over a two-year period to help talented women and minority students advance in cybersecurity and obtain the Security+ Certification via CompTIA. This scholarship is awarded at ICMCP’s Annual Conference to the highest achieving Female, Veteran, African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific, Asian Indian, or sub-Saharan African who are active ICMCP members and have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) careers to include cybersecurity, digital forensics, and information assurance.
Further enhancing the congressional citation from Rep. Henry C. “Hank” Johnson, Jr. (D-GA 4th Congressional District), wherein he named March 13, 2012 as “Marci McCarthy Day,” this scholarship was created to honor Marci McCarthy’s overall work in fostering greater professionalism in the IT security industry in an effort to advance cyberspace protection in the private and public sectors.
Applicants must be:
- Female, Veteran, African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific, Asian Indian, and/or sub-Saharan African active ICMCP Members
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Active as a volunteer on one or more ICMCP Committees
More information and ICMCP’s Scholarship Application can be found at: https://icmcp.org/programs/educational-funding
Marci McCarthy Cybersecurity Certification Scholarship Recipients
- Drew Grant
- Jhanina Santiago
- Jamila Kaya
- Dale McClinton
- March 21, 2017: Drew Grant and Jhanina Santiago Announced as 2017 Recipients of the "Marci McCarthy Cybersecurity Certification Scholarship" Courtesy of T.E.N., ISE Talent, and ICMCP
- March 30, 2016: Jamila Kaya & Dale McClinton Announced as Inaugural Recipients of the "Marci McCarthy Cybersecurity Certification Scholarship” courtesy of T.E.N., ISE Talent, and ICMCP
- March 21, 2016: T.E.N. and ISE® Talent Announce the “Marci McCarthy Cybersecurity Certification Scholarship Program”